A few reminders as we close out this week:
- First, no class Thursday, as I will be at a journalism conference in California. (I will also have no office hours Wednesday and Thursday.)
- Read chapters 14, 15 & 16.
- There will be an online quiz on those chapters posted today. You must complete the quiz prior to class time Tuesday. The quiz will be 10 questions long and limited to 10 minutes, so make sure you complete the readings before taking the quiz.
If you need anything while I’m away, I will be checking email. Have a great second week!
Here is the first article we will critique as a class today: Maryland schools begin after Labor Day
Here is a copy of the critique sheet we will use. You will use the front page to critique the class article and the back page to critique the article you brought to class. Be sure to staple the article you brought to class to your critique.
Hello, all! This is a friendly reminder that you need to do two things prior to class tomorrow:
- Bring an article to critique (must be printed prior to the start of class)
- Read chapter 2 (you will be a bit lost on the critique if you have not read this chapter in advance)
See you tomorrow!
Here are the news values we went over today:
Please read chapter 2 – The Basic News Story
Here is your homework for class Tuesday:
- Bring in a news article from a newspaper or online-only news publication
- Make sure it is printed prior to the start of class
- The article should contain some of the news values we discussed today
- Tuesday: in-class critiques
I know there were some questions about getting your clickers registered. Here is a link to the instructional page, which should answer all of your questions. Please make sure to get yours set up as soon as possible. See you tomorrow!
Hi, all! I hope everyone has had a good summer! To ensure you are not getting these class emails all semester, make sure you unsubscribe from the website. You can do this in one of two ways:
- On your email notification, there is a link at the bottom that says “unsubscribe.” Follow the directions from there.
- On the website itself, look at the widgits on the right-hand side. Locate the one that says: “You are following this blog.” Click on the “manage” link, and follow the instructions to unsubscribe.
Have a great year!